Welcome to the 2014 Memphis Magazine Home Design Awards Information and Entry Page!
We invite all Memphis-based design professionals to submit their most innovative recent project for consideration in our 2014 Memphis Magazine Home Design Awards.
One winner will be selected by our panel of distinguished judges from each of the eleven categories listed below, and we may also award additional awards if warranted.
We will also offer a Design Tastemaker Award, which is a free nomination process for designers and will be voted on by our Memphis magazine readers: stay tuned for more details on the nominations process for this award.
Deadline for entry for the 2014 Memphis Magazine Home Design Awards
is May 31st, 2014. Our deadline has been extended to June 30th, 2014!
The 2014 Memphis Magazine Home Design Awards winners will be featured in the January 2015 edition of Memphis magazine, and will be honored at an awards event in October 2014.
- Kitchen - Traditional
- Kitchen - Contemporary
- Living Room - Casual
- Living Room - Formal
- Master Suite
- Dining Room
- Children's Room
- Outdoor Space
- Design Tastemaker
Memphis-based professionals in the fields of interior design, architecture, landscape architecture, garden design and product design are eligible. To be considered, projects need to have been completed between January 1, 2013 and June 30, 2014. Projects that have previously been featured in Memphis magazine are not eligible.
HOW TO ENTER AND ENTRY RULES:
We offer designers the opportunity to submit their entry online. There are three steps to the process:
1. Complete a payment for your submission via the Paypal payment option below, and take note of the email address you used to make the payment for your submission. A submission is $100 for consideration in one category; for your submission to be considered in more than one category, the fee is $25 per additional category.
2. Create a compressed (.zip) file containing the following items:
- A project brief that summarizes the project in 150 words or less. The brief must clearly state the primary and additional categories you are entering for consideration, in addition to your name, your firm name and contact information (phone, email, address).
- A publishable portrait of the designer.
- Low resolution images of the project being submitted (JPEG files should be 100 dpi at 5 by 7 inches). In general, 8-15 images of a project should be sufficient.
The right to publish all submitted photography, cleared in writing with the photographer(s) by the entrant (a template form can be found here).
- A confirmation of your processing fee payment to Memphis magazine (a screen grab of the confirmation page or a transaction ID number is fine).
3. Email the file (one email per project) containing these items to email@example.com, using the same email address associated with the Paypal payment for your submission. The subject line must include the Firm or Designer Name and Project Name in order to be considered. Sample format: First Last, Central Avenue Home.
Start the process with your payment below:
You will receive email confirmation within 2 business days of submitting your entry. Emailed submissions that do not match up to a Paypal payment address will be considered incomplete and will not be eligible for judging.
We offer designers the opportunity to submit their entry via mail or via delivery to our office. There are two steps to the process:
1. Create a binder that contains the following items:
- A project brief that summarizes the project in 150 words or less. The brief must clearly state the categories you are entering for consideration in addition to your firm name and contact information.
- A CD or USB loaded with a publishable portrait of the designer AND low resolution images of the project being submitted (JPEG files should be 100 dpi at 5 by 7 inches). In general, 8-15 images of a project should be sufficient.
- The right to publish all submitted photography, cleared in writing with the photographer(s) by the entrant (a template form can be found here).
- A check for the submission payment fee, payable to Memphis magazine, in the amount of $100 plus $25 for each additional category entry.
2. Mail OR deliver the above items to: