Local Freestone Peaches at Easy-Way: Delicious!

Peaches have been disappointing to me the past few summers, so I hesitated in front of this display at Easy-Way Produce on Mt. Moriah. Then I noticed the sign on the display (Flippen Fruit Farms, Troy, TN), and the steady stream of customers bagging up the golden beauties. So I jumped in, taking six peaches home. After a day in my fruit bowl, the peaches were perfect. They were so juicy and flavorful that I ate two in a row, standing over my kitchen sink.

Several days later, I was back for more, along with many other customers. “We sell 30 to 40 cases a day,” said assistant manager Candace Pickard. “I don't like peaches, but most people do.” No kidding. At 25 pounds per case, Easy-Way is selling between 750 to 1,000 pounds of peaches every day.

Last week, the peaches from the same farm renowned for its Flippen fruit pies were priced at $1.29 a pound, which makes the  fruit both delicious and affordable enough for canning.

Easy-Way Produce, 814 Mt. Moriah (901) 683-8249

Five Spot Menu from Kelly English: Fun, Filling, and Delicious

Don’t miss chicken-skin BLT’s, catfish in a skillet, and $6 Tito’s Bloody Mary’s.
2015.07.01 07:14 PM

Ice Cream Treats at Los Jarochos Cool Down Memphis Heat

Look for creamy paletas and fruit-filled Tornados at this shop on Summer Avenue.
2015.06.26 07:31 PM

Check out The Chubby Vegetarian Pop-Up Restaurant at Iris Etc. This Saturday, June 11

Local cookbook authors and bloggers, Amy Lawrence and Justin Fox Burks, host The Chubby Vegetarian pop-up restaurant at Iris Etc. this weekend.
2015.07.06 09:43 PM

2015.07.06 09:43 PM

Relevant Roasters Set to Open Coffee Bar in Mid-July

Specialty wholesale roaster to bring third wave coffee to Broad Avenue neighborhood.
2015.07.05 09:31 PM