Happy Birthday Julia Child: Now "Bring on the Roasted Potatoes"

When I was young and trying to impress people with my meager cooking skills, I always made Julia Child's chocolate mousse. It was a real show stopper, especially when I finished the rich and delicious dessert with freshly whipped cream. I've been thinking about that mousse all morning in a small personal homage to Child, who would have been 100 years old today. I did a little internet searching for the recipe, and found this excellent tutorial for the mousse on a blog by David Lebovitz called Living the Sweet Life in Paris. You should give it a try.

I also came across this charming video remix on Child by John D. Boswell at PBS Digital Studios. Even if you skip the mousse, take a few minutes to watch this video. (Click here!) I think Child would love it as much as I do. She was a very funny lady after all.

Barbecue Champion Melissa Cookston Talks Triple D, Babyback Ribs and New Restaurants

2012.08.26 07:06 PM

Confused About When to Stir a Cocktail and When to Shake It? Michael Hughes Explains.

2013.06.07 02:22 PM

Throwback Thursday: Norah Jones Shares Recipe for Gus’s Fried Chicken

Here’s a popular post on making world famous chicken at home.
2013.11.14 02:29 PM

Atlanta Chef Steven Satterfield Heads to Memphis for Seasonal Dinner at Porcellino's

Four courses and wine pairings to include dishes like quail with muscadines and red-eye gravy.
2015.10.04 11:55 PM

Don't Miss Beautiful Produce from Yang Farm at Cooper-Young Farmers Market

Farmers from Toone, Tennessee exemplify commitment to family, community, and local food.
2015.09.29 11:39 PM

Modern Southern Comfort Food Updates the Peabody's Capriccio Grill

Chefs at The Peabody in Memphis perk up lunchtime with shrimp and grits, plate specials, and BBQ in a Mason jar.
2015.09.27 02:36 PM