Petition Links Bee Die-Off to Pesticides

Last summer, I noticed the return of a few bumblebees and honeybees to my yard in East Memphis. So did my friends. This photo is a bumblebee happily buzzing around my vegetable garden.

I mention this because local bee sightings make it easy to forget that a horrific bee tragedy is still playing out worldwide. I was reminded of the bee die-off by a petition from that showed up Thursday in my email. I signed the petition immediately. So should you, and here’s why: One-third of the honeybee population has died off every year since 2006, and evidence points to pesticides used on corn, soy, and wheat crops as the culprits.

The petition, which already had thousands of signatures, seeks a ban of these pesticides by the FDA.

Barbecue Champion Melissa Cookston Talks Triple D, Babyback Ribs and New Restaurants

2012.08.26 07:06 PM

Throwback Thursday: Norah Jones Shares Recipe for Gus’s Fried Chicken

Here’s a popular post on making world famous chicken at home.
2013.11.14 02:29 PM

Confused About When to Stir a Cocktail and When to Shake It? Michael Hughes Explains.

2013.06.07 02:22 PM

Atlanta Chef Steven Satterfield Heads to Memphis for Seasonal Dinner at Porcellino's

Four courses and wine pairings to include dishes like quail with muscadines and red-eye gravy.
2015.10.04 11:55 PM

Don't Miss Beautiful Produce from Yang Farm at Cooper-Young Farmers Market

Farmers from Toone, Tennessee exemplify commitment to family, community, and local food.
2015.09.29 11:39 PM

Modern Southern Comfort Food Updates the Peabody's Capriccio Grill

Chefs at The Peabody in Memphis perk up lunchtime with shrimp and grits, plate specials, and BBQ in a Mason jar.
2015.09.27 02:36 PM