Meet Contemporary Media Inc.: Natalie LeDoux, Marketing Assistant
Get to know the faces behind our publication.
Natalie LeDoux: Digital/Print Marketing Assistant, Contemporary Media, Inc.
1. What does your position entail? I am the new marketing assistant. I am in my third month at Contemporary Media, Inc. and I really love it. Thus far, I have been tasked with managing Memphis Parent and MBQ: Inside Memphis Business social media, entering and adjusting distribution returns for Memphis Flyer and Memphis Parent, assisting in event planning and most recently getting our mail sent out.
2. How did you get into communications work and what insight can you give someone interested in journalism, marketing or advertising? I graduated from the University of Memphis with a degree in journalism, concentration PR, in May and applied for several positions in Memphis. Seven months later, still no job or any hopeful prospects. I was set on packing my bags and moving to New York. Well, my bank account just wouldn’t allow for that. When the first of the year came, a position here opened. I applied and after a couple of interviews, I got the job! So my advice for soon-to-be graduates: be patient, stay busy, build your résumé/skills and apply everywhere. It will happen for you!
3. On a day off from work you will find me... driving with the windows down, music up and my dog, Jade, hanging out the back window on the way to Shelby Farms Dog Park. I also enjoy patio sitting with a margarita in hand or riding my bike.
4. What is Number 1 on your Memphis bucket list? Well, I wish I had been to Maywood as a kid. I moved here when I was 4 and my family didn’t know all of the cool spots. Maywood sounded pretty cool.
5. What do you do for Memphis magazine and what sets Memphis magazine apart from other publications in the Mid-South of its kind? You will see a food review from me soon! I mostly work on the events side of Memphis magazine right now. This magazine stands out from others of its kind because of the content. We have food, events, Memphis history (Ask Vance), style, arts and more. It is also such a beautiful publication.
6. Tell us a little more about yourself. I love writing and I have been able to contribute blog posts to our publications, which has been fun. I am currently reading The Museum of Extraordinary Things, by Alice Hoffman. I am an artist at heart. I love to paint when I can find the time. I redid the sign in front of Maggie’s Pharm, redrawing it by hand and then painting it. Check it out next time you stop by. I have a bit of a traveling bug: right now I am trying to make weekend trips to cities I haven’t been to nearby. Recently, I went to Chicago and plan on going to Austin or revisiting St. Louis next.