2007 Fiction Contest Rules
MEMPHIS MAGAZINE 2007 FICTION CONTEST
We are seeking entries for our annual fiction contest. The winning story will earn a $1,000 grand prize and will be published in a future issue of Memphis.Two honorable mention awards of $500 each will be given if the quality of entries warrants. Contest cosponsors are Burke's Book Store, and Davis-Kidd Booksellers. Below are contest rules:
1. Authors must live within 150 miles of Memphis.
2. Entries must be postmarked byAugust 1, 2007.
3. You may submit more than one story but each entry must be accompanied by a $10 entry fee.
4. Stories are NOT required to have a Memphis or Southern theme, but we do want a compelling story and first-rate writing.
4. Each story should be typed, double-spaced, with unstapled, numbered pages. Stories should be between 3,000 and 4,500 words.
5. With each story should be a cover letter that gives us your name, address, phone number, and the title of your story. Please do not put your name anywhere on the manuscript itself.
6. Manuscripts may be previously published as long as previous publication was not in a national magazine with over 20,000 circulation or in a regional publication within Shelby County.
7. Manuscripts should be sent to FICTION CONTEST, c/o Memphis magazine, P. O. Box 1738, Memphis, TN 38101. NOTE: We cannot accept faxes or E-mails. Authors wishing their manuscripts returned must include a self-addressed stamped envelope with each entry.